Fieldwork Journal

Week 1 – My first impressions
When I went to foodbank, I thought that there are many foods. For expmple, there are vegetables, fruits, sweets, breads. People can get them in free of charge if their application is approved. I thought that it is very good system for people cannot work. I was grad to help people in need. I could feel that I was making a useful contribution to society to meet them.

Week 2 – Learning on the job
I worked in front. I I laid out breads, snacks, and other products. This is the table of front. After I laid breads and snacks. It is important for visitor to laid them quickly becouse many visitors often come to this place.

There are breads, sweats, drinks.

There are boxs that contain a lot of foods. For example, there are vegetables and fruits.

Week 3 – A fun activity with clients

This is the refrigerator. There are yogurts, milks, cheeses.

This is contents of the refrigerator. There are many milks.

This is the meat refrigerator. There are chickens, beefs, porks.

This is contents of the refrigerator. These meants are very cold.

I put a lot of eggs, milks, and so on. People who come there can get one of each boxes.

Eggs are popular.

Week4 – New activity in food bank

I did new work! This work is making bags of foods. In first, I arranged boxes with food in them. Next, I put them in bags and wrap bags. Finally, I wrote the letter S or D. This letter explain Single or Double.

After completion.

Week 5 – I thought about someting.

I think that foodbank is very good system. However, people should supprt them to work.

Week6 – Connecting with Volunteer

This week, I could talk with volunteers many time. I think that the volunteers are great. They work for free.

Week7 – Last day!

The staffs and the volunteers are very kind. The staffs gave us chocolate, volunteer shirts, and message cards in last day.

I experienced good things there, However, I had some troubles. This trouble is that I could not listen and speak English that customers speak well. I often had a mistake. I often asked ohter staffs and volunteers. They are very kind. They answered my question soon. I could improve my English. I memorized English words of food products. For example, there are sprout, eggplant. In addition, I could know way to find out if and how long food could be eaten. I had many knowleage. When I returned to Japan, I will be able to put this knowledge to good use.